• June 23, 2017, 11:29:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Turning 21!  (Read 5790 times)

Vanshi

• Friends and Family
    • View Profile
Turning 21!
« on: July 31, 2015, 02:11:07 PM »

What beers should I try fellas? :D Turn 21 tomorrow!

OranjeBeered

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Turning 21!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »

All of them?  hue hue

Or, none of them, 'cause you're gonna end up puking them all into a ditch anyway?

Seriously, though:  I recommend getting the BJCP mobile app (http://www.bjcp.org/stylecenter.php) and while you're drinking, you can look-up the style and it'll help you identify, and describe what you're tasting, so you can decide what you like and don't like more easily (and describe what you like/don't like to the bartender effectively, so they can help you), which should help you find what you like a little faster.  Each sub-category also lists some of the best beers in the style, so you can look specifically for those if you find a style you like. 

Some people will recommend "beer snob" beers, but few of those are accessible to a new drinker, so I'd say to avoid those at first.  Visiting a good brewery and going through a taster set with a brewer is a good way to learn a lot, too.  If you were in my area I'd educate you so hard. 

Vanshi

• Friends and Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »

I forgot, you're like the clans beer guy lololol.

Pyro38

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:48:48 PM »

Another option is to find places in your area that do samplers, where you can try several different beers without having to commit to buying full pints just to try. There are a few restaurants and pubs around where I live that will let you taste test ( a sip or two ) several beers without having to spend a dime.

Onilink

• Friends and Family
  • ohi .-.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »

Or you can just not drink beer at all... that shit taste nasty as hell (like licking a rusted pole with a side of blood iron taste). The hard stuff like vodka mixed with stuff is where the real tasty stuff is at.

OranjeBeered

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »

Or you can just not drink beer at all... that shit taste nasty as hell (like licking a rusted pole with a side of blood iron taste). The hard stuff like vodka mixed with stuff is where the real tasty stuff is at.
Oni learned to drink those foofy vodka drinks at her Sorority mixers. If she was worried about calories, she'd pump them straight up her ass instead of drinking them.

I'm just kidding, definitely don't drink anything if you don't like it, but I think if you're trying to cover up the flavor of the alcohol just to get drunk, you're not a very good drinker, and maybe you should become addicted to pain pills instead.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:36:14 PM by OranjeBeered »

Superspeed

• Goes Fast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

bacardi 151 or grain alcohol....
Vets Best Relic NA

Fodder4U

• Registered
  • Armored Warfare Username: Fodder4U
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »

EverClear is your friend

map381

• Relic Officers - World of Tanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 09:29:09 PM »

I was the guy who said I'd never drink beer.  Then I found good beer.  If you can find it, get Golden Monkey

Onilink

• Friends and Family
  • ohi .-.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »

Oni learned to drink those foofy vodka drinks at her Sorority mixers. If she was worried about calories, she'd pump them straight up her ass instead of drinking them.

I'm just kidding, definitely don't drink anything if you don't like it, but I think if you're trying to cover up the flavor of the alcohol just to get drunk, you're not a very good drinker, and maybe you should become addicted to pain pills instead.
None taken lol. I am a rare drinker, but I have tried a lot of beers and have yet to find one that is tasty. I find it hard to put down two sips without it being disgusting. You do have me rekt on the sorority part because I like the taste of Smurnoff drinks (girly drinks?).

Dahdah325

• Relic Old Guard
  • Armored Warfare Username: rumyDahdah
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 09:59:54 PM »

Vanshii, if youre not going to drink brews, stick with well drinks. Ordering Jack Daniels and coke may sound cool, but after the first drink you're never gonna be able to tell if its JD or some offbrand. All you will do is pay more. There's nothing wrong with mixed drinks, per se, but paying $4 more for whiskey you can't taste is stupid.

Besides, learn to drink good booze neat, straight-up, or (at worst) on the rocks. Wasting good bourbon or scotch by making it taste like candy should be against the law.

Btw, since you're a bar neo:

neat = in a glass, straight from the bottle, nothing else
straight-up = shaken with ice, then strained into your glass (cold, ever-so-slightly watered version of neat)
on-the-rock = in a glass, poured over ice, gets watered down pretty quick

AgentFowler

• Friends and Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 01:42:05 AM »

beer is shit, drink JD on the rocks like a real man.

ff8ff8

• Registered
  • Armored Warfare Username: ff8ff8
  • Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 02:32:26 AM »

http://www.beeradvocate.com/

Great place to see what people are saying about different beers, and some helpful articles.

But as said above, find a local brewpub and get a taster tray. Then you can sample usually 8-10 beers and they'll gladly tell you a little bit about each one.

Look at how shit I am.
Face-check every corner. And remember: When trading, if they do more damage to you than you did to them, then they likely spent more credits on the round and thus you win the economic war.

1FORREST1

• Relic Armoured - Veterans Division
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 11:54:43 PM »

beer is shit, drink JD on the rocks like a real man.

>on the rocks
>real man

Pick one

ff8ff8

• Registered
  • Armored Warfare Username: ff8ff8
  • Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 12:49:07 AM »

JD?
If you're going to get a cheap whiskey at least get Clontarf, it's cheaper and better.

Look at how shit I am.
Face-check every corner. And remember: When trading, if they do more damage to you than you did to them, then they likely spent more credits on the round and thus you win the economic war.
Pages: [1] 2 3