• June 25, 2017, 01:27:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What am I supposed to do?  (Read 3896 times)

• Registered
  • Zorikos
    • View Profile
What am I supposed to do?
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:46:05 PM »

Ok so, basically this game is becoming unplayable for me. Literally. Aside from all the artillery and stuff like that which isn't even the problem I'm going to ask about, I literally CANNOT play this game at times. For example, I'll be (attempting) to join a game, and sometimes the game just decides to do one of two things.
  • Not load at all
  • Take at least 2 minutes which usually results in dying, (I've been in 3 games today with my T-54 where once I loaded in, I was either at 100hp or less, or dead.)
Sometimes I'm able to get back in time, but it's kinda rare. HOWEVER, I have NO idea what the fuck causes this, cause there are days where this NEVER happens. Also, if I manage to load in, sometimes my teammates can be unspotted, aswell as enemies, even if they are lit. So I can have tanks 2 meters away from my face shooting me.  Oh and not to mention the crazy lag spikes I'll get out of the blue after firing or taking a hit. ???? wat do. (I just went down by 20 in recent wn8 and 2 overall pls help)

_Roller_

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: What am I supposed to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 11:24:05 PM »

Take a week off, or be like me and take 2+ months off.  No one will notice.

Onilink

• Friends and Family
  • ohi .-.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:29:46 PM »

3. Don't do pubs and only do SH/cw (like meeeeee).

• Registered
  • Zorikos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 11:35:46 PM »

icri everitiem.

botlAbash

• Registered
  • Armored Warfare Username: BotlAbash
  • Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »

I assume you have tried the usual fix of reinstalling and running vanilla, and making sure your firewalls not blocking world of tanks from being able to use the internet? (that happened to me about a year ago)

Cedar - Welcome to the Botl Battalion (aka Relic Aux!).

Superspeed

• Goes Fast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 01:42:04 PM »

Check your mods - do a fresh install, if installed on normal hard drive do some disk checking / defrag, if ssd then really check over mods do fresh install, make sure to delete everything in the directory.

To me it sounds like a mod / hard drive issue
Vets Best Relic NA

• Registered
  • Zorikos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »

After testing my HDD speeds (where my tanks currently is), I learned that
  • The speeds have drastically slowed
  • The speeds are very inconsistent

My SSD is still in great shape, fast as lightning, but not enough space for an 18gb game. Meanwhile my 30gb flashdrive is running more consistent and faster results than my HDD, so I'm gonna be trying to put my tanks on there. I guess we'll find out how that goes.

Xenuex

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 12:25:17 AM »

After testing my HDD speeds (where my tanks currently is), I learned that
  • The speeds have drastically slowed
  • The speeds are very inconsistent

My SSD is still in great shape, fast as lightning, but not enough space for an 18gb game. Meanwhile my 30gb flashdrive is running more consistent and faster results than my HDD, so I'm gonna be trying to put my tanks on there. I guess we'll find out how that goes.

How old are your HDDs?

• Registered
  • Zorikos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »

Only 3 years old, but constant usage has fucked them up I guess. I'm half expecting it to fail soon. Yesterday while I was watching TV to pass the time while my PC was transferring my tanks folder to the USB, I came back to find my computer saying "No OS found" because Microsoft tried to force an update onto my SSD that was bigger than the available space. If fixed itself, my SSD isn't bad, but when I selected using the HDD during the update as the location for storing the old version of windows, it took literally 5 hours to copy the files to it. Once it got to INSTALLING the update onto the SSD it took only 5-10 minutes. My HDD read/write speeds are 10mb/s now, while my SSD is still at 300.

LazyA

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »

Check your mods - do a fresh install, if installed on normal hard drive do some disk checking / defrag, if ssd then really check over mods do fresh install, make sure to delete everything in the directory.

Past 3 patches it is my preferred method of install, learned form 2 weeks of no use troubleshooting.
Make sure you actually DELETE old installation
Since you doing fresh install go for SD client too.

• Registered
  • Zorikos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »

If I'm gonna delete everything from my HDD regarding tanks, think it'd be worthwhile to just do the fresh install on the USB or nah?

LazyA

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »

If I'm gonna delete everything from my HDD regarding tanks, think it'd be worthwhile to just do the fresh install on the USB or nah?

There is some unpacking and packing of game files going on during partial updates and something might get corrupted (my speculation) THAT IS WHY people suggest removing old crap. Full install unpacks everything from scratch thus supposedly insuring better consistency.

All my USB even 3.0 is painfully slow to load from.

New 250GB SSD is cheap now ~$90 will fix OS disk space issue and fit tanks  ;)

• Registered
  • Zorikos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

I'm on a laptop. lel

botlAbash

• Registered
  • Armored Warfare Username: BotlAbash
  • Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 02:09:33 PM »

You can still upgrade and trade out HDDs and SSDs if you have some idea how to treat electronics, personally I take apart my laptop once every 6 months to clean it anyways.
There are lots of videos for almost every laptop on the market to do nearly anything, google (laptop name here) how to replace HHD, or SSD or whatever other part you want to replace.
its a pain but personally I have changed out my Ram both the SSDs in my comp and the single HDD I use for storage as well as thought about putting in a new GPU since the 500 series are getting super old. but thats alot of work lol.

Cedar - Welcome to the Botl Battalion (aka Relic Aux!).

• Registered
  • Zorikos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »

Really not sure if I should just hold off until this HDD dies and get a whole new setup, or just buy a new drive. This computer isn't holding anything precious by any means so I wouldn't mind parting with it, just need cash for a new one. My only real issue with it is tanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4